5 Simple destination wedding decorating tips that will save you money & personalize your wedding
- Draw inspiration from your geographic location, or the type of music you like to listen to. Example, if you live in an area that is country, or if you really like country music, you can ask your guests attending your destination wedding to wear or bring with them cowboy boots and/or a cowboy hat. You can then use these items as the ‘vessel’ for your table centerpieces.
- The destination itself can offer ‘free’ items for inspiration & you can enlist the help of family & guests and have them involved in the decorating process. A beach location offers a perfect setting for gathering seashells to place in candle holders for enhancing that beach feel, and after your wedding the shells can be returned back to where you gathered them from. Recycled & reused with no waste
- When selecting flowers for your ceremony and reception, choose ones that are local to the destination. This will save you money.
- What is your color scheme? Ask the ladies attending to bring a sheer scarf in your primary color. These can then be used as an overlay on your tables, or fashioned together as a table runner.
- Ask each guest to bring a small votive candle, these can be used to decorate your tables and provide the ambiance you are looking for.
**You will need to check with your specific resort on their policies**
There are many other destination wedding decorating tips & ideas I have. Just ask me. You can also find inspiration on my Pinterest destination wedding board.
Is a destination wedding in your future? Start Planning Today